Tim Harford is the author of the bestseller The Undercover Economist, Adapt and The Logic of Life and is a member of the editorial board of the Financial Times, where he also writes the “Dear Economist” column.
Tim has just released his Messy: The Power of Disorder to Transform Our Lives, which New York Times bestselling author, Adam Grant, says is utterly fascinating. The book celebrates the benefits that messiness has in our lives: why it’s important, why we resist it, and why we should embrace it instead.
He is a regular contributor to Slate, Forbes, and NPR’s Marketplace. He was the host of the BBC TV series Trust Me, I’m an Economist and now presents the BBC series More or Less. Harford has been an economist at the World Bank and an economics tutor at Oxford University.
Malcolm Gladwell says that “every Tim Harford book is a cause for celebration” so with adulation like that I simply coudn’t get Tim get away with just a 30 minute interview when there is simply so much to talk about so he’ll be joining me and by extension, you again next month for part 2 of this interview.
But first, I bring you part one with the one, the only, Tim Harford.
- Tim’s latest book
- The jazz composition that almost never was... and Black Sabbath
- Why clean organisations are often slow moving organisations
- The connection between messiness and creativity
- Our self reinforcing social media bubbles
- Should we be moving to hybrid organisations?
- How Donald Trump and Jeff Bezos used chaos and messiness as an offensive weapon in politics and business respectively
- How chaos can fuel your competitive strategy
- Is inbox zero a waste of time?
1) Tim’s Website: timharford.com
2) Tim’s books:
- Messy: timharford.com/books/messy
- The Undercover Economist: timharford.com/books/undercovere…ist-strikes-back/
- Adapt: timharford.com/books/adapt
- The Logic of Life: timharford.com/books/logicoflife
3) Tim's Twitter: twitter.com/timharford
4) VOTE FOR US: Australian Podcasting People's Choice Awards - bit.ly/futuresquared
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyzFor more information on Collective Campus, our innovation hub, school and consultancy based in Melbourne, Australia, check out www.collectivecamp.us