Susan David, PhD, is a psychologist on faculty at Harvard Medical School, co-founder and co-director of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, and CEO of Evidence Based Psychology.
An in-demand speaker and consultant, David has worked with senior leadership of hundreds of major organizations, including the United Nations, Ernst & Young, and the World Economic Forum. Her work has been featured in numerous leading publications, including the Harvard Business Review, Time, Fast Company, and the Wall Street Journal.
Susan is author of the definitive Oxford Handbook of Happiness (Oxford University Press, 2013), Beyond Goals: Effective Strategies for Coaching and Mentoring (Gower, 2013). She also authored the top rated Harvard Business Review article “Emotional Agility” which was named as a Management Idea of the Year and was the impetus for her book “Emotional Agility” (Penguin, 2016) which is being translated into multiple languages. Her work is frequently featured in the media including HBR, TIME, Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal, and Inc.com.
Originally from South Africa, she lives outside of Boston with her family.
- Growing up in South Africa
- How people deal effectively with trauma and emotional difficulty
- What is Emotional Agility
- Facing complexity and ambiguity
- Overcoming Depression- Cultivating resilience and agility
- “Getting unhooked”
- Creating value through habits
- Power of values and qualities of actions
- The difference between want to and have to
- Practical exercises you can try to sharpen your emotional agility
- Self censoring
- The power of labelling
- Mindfulness and meditation
1) Susan’s Website - www.susandavid.com/
2) Emotional Agility Quiz - www.susandavid.com/learn
3) Buy Emotional Agility - www.amazon.com/Emotional-Agility…nge/dp/1592409490
4) Susan’s other books - www.amazon.com/Susan-David/e/B00…yline_cont_book_1
5) Susan’s LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/susanadavidphd
6) Susan's Twitter - twitter.com/SusanDavid_PhD
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz
For more information on Collective Campus, our innovation hub, school and consultancy based in Melbourne, Australia, check out www.collectivecamp.us