In this episode I had the pleasure of chatting with native New York native and one of the most influential CMOs in the world, Ted Rubin.
Ted is a leading Social Marketing Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Evangelist and evangelized the term ROR: Return on Relationship™, a concept he believes is the cornerstone for building an engaged multi-million member database, many of whom are vocal advocates for the brand.
Many people in the social media world know Ted for his enthusiastic, energetic and undeniably personal connection to people. Ted is the most followed CMO on Twitter according to Social Media Marketing Magazine; one of the most interesting CMOs on Twitter according to Say Media, #13 on Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, and number #2 on the Leadtail list of Top 25 People Most Mentioned by digital marketers. ROR is the basis of his philosophy…It’s All About Relationships!
His book, Return on Relationship, was released in 2013, and How To Look People in the Eye Digitally in 2015.
Ted has a deep online background beginning in 1997 working with best selling author, entrepreneur and agent of change Seth Godin at Yoyodyne, which was acquired in 1998 by Yahoo!
His personal motto is Life is not about waiting for the
storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
We discussed a number of topics, including:
- Customer Experience in 2016
- Return on Relationship
- Looking People in the Eye Digitally
- The Age of Influence, how ANYBODY can become influential without leaving their house
- Balancing pressure to cut costs, automate and offshore with increasing customer service expectations
- How Social Media is NOT about screaming marketing messages from from the tree-tops
- Tools to help you build and nurture ROR
- Empowering Your Employees to Increase ROR
- We also talked about some of our favourite books and philosophised a little on life towards the end of the show
- Search for 'Twitter Basics' at TedRubin.com to find out some of the tools that Ted Rubin and his team uses to build ROR
- To download 'The 12 Most Important Ways to Build a Return on Relationship' head to RORPro.com
- RocketReach.com (find anyone's email address)
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Your host and occasional cybernetic organism, Steve Glaveski, is committed to helping people better navigate the growing uncertainty that technology change brings, in order to survive, thrive, create more value for the world and lead more fulfilling lives.
Steve is the CEO and co-founder of innovation accelerator Collective Campus, founder of children's entrepreneurship program Lemonade Stand, author of Amazon best-seller The Innovation Manager's Handbook and the Wiley books, Time Rich, and Employee to Entrepreneur, investor in blockchain based fractional property investment platform Konkrete and is a keynote speaker and startup advisor.
When not fighting T-1000s Steve can be found in the gym, hiking, skating at the beach, attempting standup comedy, at a heavy metal show or socially lubricating at a whisky bar.