Whitney Johnson was recognized as one of the world’s most influential management thinkers in 2015, and was a finalist for the Top thinkers on Talent at the biennial Thinkers50 ceremony in London. She is best known for her work on driving corporate innovation through personal disruption.
She is formerly the co-founder of Rose Park Advisors alongside Clayton Christensen, world renowned author of The Innovator's Dilemma and innovation thought leader, where they invested in and led the $8 million seed round for Korea’s Coupang, currently valued at $5+ billion.
Johnson is also a frequent contributor to and writer for the Harvard Business Review, and is a Linkedinfluencer.
She is the author of the critically acclaimed Disrupt Yourself (2015) and Dare, Dream Do (2012).
She has received widespread recognition for her thinking and was named one of Fortune’s 55 Most Influential Women on Twitter in 2014. She co-founded the popular Forty Women Over Forty to Watch and is a fellow at the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards.
- Her book, Disrupt Yourself
- Why we must disrupt ourselves with the future of our jobs being more uncertain than ever
- How the concept of disrupting yourself aligns with Clayton Christensen's concept of disruptive innovation
- How our very own KPIs and short term targets are often used as an excuse to prevent us doing what we love and chasing our passions, and ultimately lead us to being disrupted
- How can you disrupt yourself without compromising the way you make money today
- how disrupting yourself SHOULD feel lonely
- How the well worn path promises a limited reward
- How disrupting yourself leads to 20X revenue potential
- How disrupting yourself is initially supposed to be a slow process riddled with "am I doing the right thing?" questions
- Both Whitney's and my stories of personal disruption
- The concept of 'disruptive strengths'
Get Whitney's books on Amazon:
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Your host and occasional cybernetic organism, Steve Glaveski, is committed to helping people better navigate the growing uncertainty that technology change brings, in order to survive, thrive, create more value for the world and lead more fulfilling lives.
Steve is the CEO and co-founder of innovation accelerator Collective Campus, founder of children's entrepreneurship program Lemonade Stand, author of Amazon best-seller The Innovation Manager's Handbook and the Wiley book, Employee to Entrepreneur, investor in blockchain based fractional property investment platform Konkrete and is a keynote speaker and startup advisor.
When not fighting T-1000s Steve can be found in the gym, hiking, skating at the beach, attempting standup comedy, at a heavy metal show or socially lubricating at a whisky bar.