Jacob Morgan is a best-selling author, speaker, and futurist. He explores what the future of work is going to look like and how to create employee experiences so that people want to show up to work. Jacob has presented his ideas to organizations such as IBM, Disney, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Mastercard, Microsoft, and many others. He has written three books. His most recent book is The Employee Experience Advantage. Prior books include The Future of Work and The Collaborative Organization. He is frequently cited by and contributes to major business publications.
He recently penned The Employee Experience Advantage - How to Win the War for Talent by Giving Employees the Workspaces they Want, the Tools they Need, and a Culture They Can Celebrate, which came out on March 27.
Backed by an extensive research project that looked at over 150 studies and articles, featured extensive interviews with over 150 executives, and analyzed over 250 global organizations, this book clearly breaks down the three environments that make up every single employee experience at every organization around the world and how to design for them.
- why organisations who rank highly on employee experience outperform those that don't
- how to balance freedom with organisational control
- cultural, technological and physical environments
- why expensive employee engagement programs fail
- why yoga and massages aren't enough
- the negative impact of short-termism
- how to create a place where employees want to show up to work versus need to show up to work
- what to do if you have limited budget for employee experience
- how to measure the employee experience
- dress code
- the future of employee experience
1) The book: https://amzn.to/2QwRGHz
2) Get the first 30 pages of the book free: Email email@example.com) Website: thefutureorganization.com
4) Twitter: @jacobm
5) Youtube: jacobmorgan8
6) Podcast: thefutureorganization.com/future-work-podcast/
7) Jacob's HBR article: hbr.org/2017/03/why-the-milli…ment-buy-us-so-little
8) Jacob's other books on Amazon:
Join the conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/where you can discuss episodes, request guests, propose questions for forthcoming guests and access exclusive content and special offers!
Listen on iTunes @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Spotify @ spoti.fi/2G2QsxV
Listen on Stitcher @ www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Listen on Google Play @ bit.ly/FSGoog
If you've got any questions on this podcast feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me on Twitter @steveglaveski or @future_squared
Follow me on Instagram: @thesteveglaveski
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz
For more information on Collective Campus, our innovation hub, school and consultancy based in Australia and Singapore check out www.collectivecampus.io
Your host and occasional cybernetic organism, Steve Glaveski, is committed to helping people better navigate the growing uncertainty that technology change brings, in order to survive, thrive, create more value for the world and lead more fulfilling lives.
Steve is the CEO and co-founder of innovation accelerator Collective Campus, founder of children's entrepreneurship program Lemonade Stand, author of Amazon best-seller The Innovation Manager's Handbook and the Wiley book, Employee to Entrepreneur, investor in blockchain based fractional property investment platform Konkrete and is a keynote speaker and startup advisor.
When not fighting T-1000s Steve can be found in the gym, hiking, skating at the beach, attempting standup comedy, at a heavy metal show or socially lubricating at a whisky bar.