Listen on iTunes: goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Susan David, PhD, is a psychologist on faculty at Harvard Medical School, co-founder and co-director of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, and CEO of Evidence-Based Psychology.
An in-demand speaker and consultant, David has worked with senior leadership of hundreds of major organizations, including the United Nations, Ernst & Young, and the World Economic Forum. Her work has been featured in numerous leading publications, including the Harvard Business Review, Time, Fast Company, and the Wall Street Journal.
Susan is author of the definitive Oxford Handbook of Happiness (Oxford University Press, 2013), Beyond Goals: Effective Strategies for Coaching and Mentoring (Gower, 2013). She also authored the top rated Harvard Business Review article “Emotional Agility” which was named as a Management Idea of the Year and was the impetus for her book “Emotional Agility” (Penguin, 2016) which is being translated into multiple languages. Her work is frequently featured in the media including HBR, TIME, Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal, and Inc.com.
Originally from South Africa, she lives outside of Boston with her family.
- Growing up in South Africa
- How people deal effectively with trauma and emotional difficulty
- What is Emotional Agility
- Facing complexity and ambiguity
- Overcoming Depression- Cultivating resilience and agility
- “Getting unhooked”
- Creating value through habits
- Power of values and qualities of actions
- The difference between want to and have to
- Practical exercises you can try to sharpen your emotional agility
- Self censoring
- The power of labelling
- Mindfulness and meditation
1) Susan’s Website - www.susandavid.com/
2) Emotional Agility Quiz - www.susandavid.com/learn
3) Buy Emotional Agility - https://amzn.to/2Ddkdzq
4) Susan’s other books:
5) Susan’s LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/susanadavidphd
6) Susan's Twitter - twitter.com/SusanDavid_PhD
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Your host and occasional cybernetic organism, Steve Glaveski, is committed to helping people better navigate the growing uncertainty that technology change brings, in order to survive, thrive, create more value for the world and lead more fulfilling lives.
Steve is the CEO and co-founder of innovation accelerator Collective Campus, founder of children's entrepreneurship program Lemonade Stand, author of Amazon best-seller The Innovation Manager's Handbook and the Wiley book, Employee to Entrepreneur, investor in blockchain based fractional property investment platform Konkrete and is a keynote speaker and startup advisor.
When not fighting T-1000s Steve can be found in the gym, hiking, skating at the beach, attempting standup comedy, at a heavy metal show or socially lubricating at a whisky bar.